Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrayApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Hey, I am looking for an MMO to get into.
I've tried WOW but I'm a huge Star Wars fan.
I know The Old Republic's coming out soon but I would like something to play during the wait.
So my Question's are:
Is it any good?

And

How well does it run under Crossover Games?

The Crossover Compatibility page gives it gold, but I'm not sure

Last edited:

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
Well, I haven't played it in years so I can't speak to it presently. But, from my previous experiences it is a huge disappointment. Its rather stunning that SOE messed up such a priceless property. Swg ftl.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Well, I haven't played it in years so I can't speak to it presently. But, from my previous experiences it is a huge disappointment. Its rather stunning that SOE messed up such a priceless property. Swg ftl.

I used to love it and played it for a couple of years a long time ago now. But having looked at some videos I know i could definately not go back, it is very very dated now and it closes down forever in a few months.

I really wouldn't recommend playing it or at least paying anything to play it.

DoghouseMike

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
UK
Yea, I wouldn't bother now, any time/money you invest in it will vanish soon. Why not put the cash towards the old republic special edition thing?
And/or use the time to run through kotor, or the Jedi knight games to get your glowbat fix?
Or, play any other games you've been meaning to, in the knowledge that once tor cones out, you won't resurface for a looooooong time?
I used to play galaxies too, the old system they had of proper pick n mix skills/classes was pretty awesome, and the space game rocked too, but the ground game was a bit of a buff/grind fest (community/social stuff was pretty good tho). This was all pre combat "upgrade"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.