Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tenseicoalition

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
SWTOR on Mac?

Say it's so.... Anyone know of SWTOR being released on Mac platform? I've been begging and pleading with Bioware, Lucasarts and EA for this... I've signed petitions swearing to buy it...etc...

I dont want to resort to Bootcamp for I really detest all things windows...

I've been a devout Macfan since the LC2 and a devout Star Wars fan since A New Hope (saw it in theaters as a kid...yeah I'm that old and still playing)

I may have to join the darkside of the force to play this game and...gasp...buy a PC....

YumChickens

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Say it's so.... Anyone know of SWTOR being released on Mac platform? I've been begging and pleading with Bioware, Lucasarts and EA for this... I've signed petitions swearing to buy it...etc...

I dont want to resort to Bootcamp for I really detest all things windows...

I've been a devout Macfan since the LC2 and a devout Star Wars fan since A New Hope (saw it in theaters as a kid...yeah I'm that old and still playing)

I may have to join the darkside of the force to play this game and...gasp...buy a PC....

Sorry guys

"Only being released for PC, No Consoles or MAC (Except Boot mode)." - IGN

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=300223#anchor17

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
its a big enough title... it will eventually be able to run using something like Wineskin or Crossover. I'll work on getting it to run with Wineskin of course and put up a wrapper for others to use... how soon that will be after release? who knows... depends if I get in beta or not. I did STO and had it working during beta before release... but this one might be a bit more complicated.

Hibernia

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2011
Scotland
Yep also looking forward to this one. One of the reasons that made me think twice about buying my first imac a few weeks ago was that this was only going to be PC.

So as well as buying the Mac i'm also going to have to stump up for Windows7 and get Bootcamp to work as well :)

waiwai

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
it's a bloody shame that the in-game graphics quality for this game is still piss crap from what has been release thus far... The CG trailers are sweet and all but that's about it...

YumChickens

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
it's a bloody shame that the in-game graphics quality for this game is still piss crap from what has been release thus far... The CG trailers are sweet and all but that's about it...

Did you see some of the space battle graphics? Also if you are referring to the graphics on the one hour gameplay yesterday at E3 they turned the graphics wayyyy down so that it could stream easily

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.