Starbucks iOS App Puts Loyalty First With New Rewards Features

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
Apple probably hates the new rewards program too so they said no more free app. Starbucks is doomed.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
ProShot is STILL showing on my NEW Starbucks app. You just have to scroll all the way down to it.

View attachment 627718
Mine was too...from when it was an App of the Week on the OLD Starbucks app... then I redeemed mine after the new SBUX app was updated and I have not seen a new App of the Week. I have the one from 2-3 week prior ...some Teddy Bear Music app. but I have never redeemed that app...nor have I even looked at the details of the message.

I still have not seen any NEW ADDITION to the App of the Week since the new/updated Starbucks App

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I'm quite calm, thanks, but oh dear, corporatism has you well and truly snared. It's not just coffee or a cake. It's those things dressed up in a mermaid logo and a rapacious desire to conquer the world. I see enough of MacDonalds and Starbucks on every high street. Their omnipresence actually saddens me.
Welcome to capitalism.

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Mine was too...from when it was an App of the Week on the OLD Starbucks app... then I redeemed mine after the new SBUX app was updated and I have not seen a new App of the Week. I have the one from 2-3 week prior ...some Teddy Bear Music app. but I have never redeemed that app...nor have I even looked at the details of the message.

I still have not seen any NEW ADDITION to the App of the Week since the new/updated Starbucks App
I'm sure they'll put another crappy app up any day.

Reactions: BJMRamage

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
I'm sure they'll put another crappy app up any day.
There used to be some good apps Starbucks would give out...similar to the decent apps that were regular iTunes Apps of the Week. and then they started to get really atrocious...still a few gems can be found but not as many.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

cyberbiker6

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Pro Shot is the App from 2 weeks ago. There has been no new app of the week in the updated starbucks app. Maybe Apple said, we dropped the free...
Today at the bottom of the scrolling message board In the SB app home page the free app was LetterGlow. I guess the free app program is alive and well without having to subscribe to one of the 5 email newsletters in the Contact section of Settings in our online SB accounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJMRamage

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
I just saw the Letterglow app on there on Tuesday.

now, I am still waiting on my overdue 50 stars...not confident with the new system.

cyberbiker6

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Looks like the Starbucks app no longer offers free Pick of the Week apps. I haven't seen one in over a month.

Has anyone else?

Reactions: psac

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
I deleted the app from my phone ages ago. I have about $7 left on my card at the moment. Not sure if it'll be spent, as I haven't gone to a Starbucks in at least 3 months now, maybe longer. As I said earlier, the incentive for me to go as casually as I did before is totally gone now. I tweeted my concerns to their twitter account, which they ignored. They seemed more interested at the time in trying to persuade people how "fun" it is to play with the stars in the app.

"Hey, I have a concern with your new system."

"That's awesome! Hey! Have you checked out our app after the latest update?! It's more fun than ever now! The stars move around!"
"It's so much fun, and even more fun as you fill the cup with even more stars!"

"Uhhh ... ok. Thanks? I guess?"

I'm part of the Starbucks market segment that they don't give a **** about, which is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: psac and BJMRamage