starbucks iphone istinks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rjmccorkle, Oct 17, 2007.

1. rjmccorkle macrumors newbie

rjmccorkle

so i went to starbucks to buy a song- turns out they give free songs... great! so we go on to get it - but it won't let her redeem it... hmm weird. so we go home and connects to wifi at home and same thing- so she selects the song and it makes her purchase! come to find out - i called apple and verified, i asked them specifically, "so the "free" song isn't really free, it's just a misleading misconception and misrepresentation even according to the instructions on the card and a total false advertisement?" ... she plainly answered, "well, yes. you're forced to go back and use itunes on ur computer to get the song and sync." I SOOOO wish I recorded the convo to post it on the web for everyone to here. i was so dumbfounded i didn't know what to say. strike two for apple and their iphone! filed a complaint that they're taking another step in the wrong direction- not only giving free songs that can't be redeemed over coffee, but misleading us to believe it's free and causing a purchase. Not only that, but she didn't even offer my money back, which will be my call today to get my money back for the song. call it whining or not, that sucks!

2. cmaier macrumors G3

How old are you?

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

What does the card read like ... i haven't' seen one?

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

1. Download iTunes
    2. Open iTunes and click store.
    3. Click redeem.
    4. Enter the code below. Your download will start immediately. Enjoy.

That's all it says, super easy and I've never had a single problem and I've gotten about half a dozen free songs without having to purchase anything, sometimes not even a beverage. I think rjmccorkle (if that is your real name) should probably forgo Starbucks all together or at least switch to decaf beverages...

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

you are an idiot and you are confusing the free songs that starbucks gives out for itunes, and the itunes wifi store that is not yet available at all starbucks and it was made known that it would not be available everywhere until 2008. stop dissing apple because they are doing everything right, and doing it just as they said they would

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I believe the free songs are for the iTunes store, not the iTunes WiFi store on the iPhone or Touch...

7. cmaier macrumors G3

That's a misleading misconception :)

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Its for all three, but it was set up for the phone/touch i thought.

9. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Yes the card even states so on the back - that its only valid on iTunes. Even gives the above instructions that were posted on each and every card.

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

(looks at the card I just picked up this morning)

11. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Nope its for iTunes on your computer. There is no redeem button on the WiFi store.

12. rjmccorkle thread starter macrumors newbie

rjmccorkle

for the record...

just for the record, since the new dev kit is being released i forfeit all complaints. my wife was upset about all this which i agree is dumb but i never upgraded cuz i didn't feel i'm more of an app user rather than an ipod lover, as i'm sure many folks that bought the iphone instead of an ipod are. anyhow, steve has us like pawns on his chessboard.

is that what the card says?:confused: wow, u guys are so smert. ;)

:apple:

btw, ya'll are not gonna think i'm so dumb for wanting to redeem codes from my iphone when steve integrates that capability for us. woot

13. riverfreak macrumors 6502a

:mad:

Grrr. Look how mad I am. I couldn't figure out how to redeem a free song and I accidentally purchased one. Now I'm going to waste my day sitting on hold arguing with someone about my $.99. I are so mad.

:mad:

14. cmaier macrumors G3

To be fair, the text on the card is not written in the same language as his diatribe, so he couldn't be expected to understand it.