Starbucks Passbook on lock screen working for anyone?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by yalag, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I have a starbucks passbook pass for my card. I want it to appear on my lock screen so I don't have to find the passbook app every time.

I have the favourite store set, but the passbook pass would only show on the lock screen for a day or so. And then it would disappear. I would then have to go to the starbucks app, remove the favourite store, readd the favourite store. Super annoying :mad::mad:

Anyone else have it working?

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I don't think I have a favorite store set and I really don't use it that often, but I think the last time I walked into a Starbucks I had the little Starbucks icon on the lower left corner. I swiped up and was able to pay with Passbook. Maybe check your settings or redownload the app?

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Works, and has worked here. Have several favorites set.

If I am travelling, and in an unusual starbucks, usually get the little ghostly starbucks icon on bottom left. Swipe it up, and use the Starbucks app itself to scan.

4. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not referring to the starbucks icon in the bottom left guys. I'm talking about Passbook Passes.

5. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

I use this feature a lot and I haven't noticed any issues. You might want to try deleting the pass you have, setting your favorite stores, and then recreating the pass to see if that helps?

6. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

So there's no issue with yours? Your passbook stays on the lock screen and does not go away? How many favourites stores do you have?

7. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

The pass appears on the lock screen when I'm close to the stores, but doesn't stay once I've left (I also use the Dunkin' Donuts one for a particular location - they only allow a "work" or "home" store designation for their passes) and sometimes get the Walgreens pass on my screen when I'm driving by one on the way to work, so most of my location-aware passes seem to function as expected. I haven't had to re-add it tot get it to work regularly either.

As far as Starbucks, I have 10 favorite locations (I only go to about two of those regularly, but thought I'd take other area ones I might go to from time to time). Have you tried re-creating your pass? Maybe even try adding another gift card and making that your pass instead?

8. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

Of course, why wouldn't it work? It always shows up on the screen. I have 6 stores saved. You may have the location turned off, enable it from passbook / check notification option.

I don't even have the sbux app, I only used it to add the code to the passbook. The fav stores stay listed in passbook.

9. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

Can you show me a screenshot of the fav stores list in the pass? I can't see that for mine.

10. mattyu007 macrumors member

mattyu007

I find that if WiFi is turned off, my Starbucks Passbook card doesn't show up consistently on my lock screen. This seems to be due to the fact that it takes longer to get a location fix when WiFi is off, so there is an extended delay until the card will show up, and the lock screen has usually timed out and gone back to sleep by then.

11. john991 macrumors 6502a

Mine wasn't working either but as soon as I turned on location alerts in privacy, location services, system services it started to work.