Starbucks training- any reports?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iansilv, Feb 26, 2008.

1. iansilv macrumors 65816

Has anyone heard what went on with the starbucks training? Anything apple or iphone related talked about at all?

2. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

It... was... really... training? lol I am a barista and nothing other than training went on. We steamed a couple of gallons of milk till we got it right and learned to look for the perfect shot. Thats all that happened.

3. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

Well, that is way boring... I was hoping for the patented iPhone-iPod Touch program that helped you order coffee from the convenience of five feet from the counter where you could do it much more simply.:)

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Damn rumor-mongers...

I was hoping for computer training and "taking my iPhone order" training. :eek:

5. JRomero macrumors regular

JRomero

I just heard back from a friend of mine who is a barista. They all got new iPhones, and t-shirts that say "I :apple: Steve Jobs" with this image on the front:

[​IMG]

6. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

macrumors needs help... they're formulating apple rumors now when OTHER COMPANIES put up the yellow sticky :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

haha. NO WAY!?:D

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I did a drive by...

at about 9ish and there were about 4 police vehicles in the parking lot, waiting to get some piping hot java! :D

10. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

A couple of cops came to our door (no one seemed to have gotten the memo and were banging on our door-despite the signs-all day) and all of my partners stopped and were like "So we guess this is the end of our training." :p

11. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

I'm sorry, but as cool as that sounds, I can't think how incredibly lazy that is. To the people who don't have the luxuries we have it feels like a big kick in the face. Sorry, my opinion, I don't mean any offense.

12. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I should have added more to emphasize that I was being sarcastic. But, there is a such a thing as what I am talking about. Here it is http://www.macrumors.com/2007/12/27/buying-to-go-items-with-your-iphone/

13. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Are you sure it wasn't just an elaborate plan to release the SDK only over AT&T wifi hotspots @ Starbucks and then only if you purchase a triple venti caramel macchiato?

14. iansilv thread starter macrumors 65816

The perfect shot... from an iphone camera of someone's order?

15. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

haha those things are amazing.

This is related to iPhone news, as the images of the UI from Starbucks was visualized by a user.

I think it would be amazing, and I hope they implement the ATT hotspots / ordering system.