starcraft 1 ppc Resolution

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by VanneDC, Aug 14, 2010.

1. VanneDC macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

hi all, well I've completed The sp campaign In s SC2, so went and got SC1 + Brood war, and want to Play on my G5. are there any hacks that let you play sc1 on my Cinema displays Native Rez? any help would Be great. :)

:apple:

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Doing so would make bases and units tiny. You'd basically see half of the map on the screen.

Just let the computer do its own interpolation when fullscreening.

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Nope. Its gonna scale it down and be 4:3 no matter what. When I play, I just opt to use my Cube and 17" Studio display. Works great and no black bars on the sides.

4. VanneDC thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

heh, yeah, thats cos your using a CRT, which are great for changing rez. un-luckily ive got a 20 inch cinema display which looks **** at anything else other than its native rez, which is 1680x1050.

5. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Nope its the LCD model. Its not great, but I think the game is only built to run at 800x600 which is pretty low. Its just a game from 1998, so it looks crappy compared to what we're used to today.

6. VanneDC thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

yeah, installed it, and yep, it looks ****, the colors bleed into eachother, it does a crapola job of downscaling it looks nice when you select not to chanmge rez, but its so damm small...
    :apple: