Starcraft 2 and iMacs

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by timecarter, Mar 26, 2009.

1. timecarter macrumors newbie

I know that the minimum requirements for Starcraft 2 haven't been released yet.

Still, I'm looking for a little speculation.

I want to see if people have an opinion on how this game will run on the current gen iMacs. I'm thinking about getting a desktop and this is the ONLY game that I am interested in playing.

If people think it will not play then I'm not interested in the iMac. Let me know.

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I'm sure SC will run just fine on any Intel Mac. Blizzard has always been good at making their games run on slower-spec'd machines.

3. Barham macrumors regular

My advice, if you want to play Starcraft the way its meant to be seen, would be to wait until the game ships and buy the iMac update that immediately follows it. That will ensure that the machine will play it 'well.'

That said, the previous poster has a point. I would be shocked if the current gen iMacs wouldn't play Starcraft acceptably. However, acceptable performance is not going to look like the videos that Blizzard has been showing.

If you really need it, buy now and wait for Starcraft, but if less than stellar performance is going to bother you, wait on both.