Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
hey guys, i used to play SC2 on the PC. i'm about to try out the Mac version now. i'm using a friend's login account, would he see that i'm using the Mac client? or would it just show up as SC2? could he see that i'm playing it on a Mac?

thanks

labars

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
Why, you worried that he might flame you for using a mac? :) And no it does not show what client you're using.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
is there any way for me to check?

play with someone and ask if it shows your using Windows 8 or Windows 7... then if they say "it says your on a Mac!" then you know... but really, it doesn't report that info anywhere. Can you see what client someone else is using when you were playing?

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
ok thanks. i thought he could see what client i had via his battle.net account on the website. i just looked through the battle.net login page and couldn't find anything related to seeing what game client i was using.

can he see what game client i have via the battle.net account site?

Gruuler

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
As a person who's sat with SC2 running on my mac right across from someone playing on a PC, I can, with first hand knowledge, say that you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Save him sitting next to you physically, he will have no idea what game client you have installed. Additionally, the website makes no reference to what client an individual has installed anywhere.

Game on friend.

Last edited:

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
can someone tell me how i can uninstall sc2 from Lion? i went to blizzard's site and all i could find was advice to just put the folder in the trash. how can i fully uninstall it?

thanks

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
Okay, first: Why are you THIS worried about showing you're using a Mac? xD

Second: Uninstalling is that simple on a Mac, you really just have to drag the SC2 icon in the trash and empty the trash. If you're worried about anything, use AppCleaner.

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
oh really? where is app cleaner in OS X? are you sure it's just a matter of deleting the folder?

thanks

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
oh really? where is app cleaner in OS X? are you sure it's just a matter of deleting the folder?

thanks

App Cleaner is a 3rd party app, you'd need to download and install it. But in OSX, it is pretty much just a case of dragging the folder to the trash and emptying it. A few companies provide uninstallers (e.g. Adobe), but most do not.

AppLCII

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2011
I second the use of Appcleaner. Support third party devs that make good programs!

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
But in OSX, it is pretty much just a case of dragging the folder to the trash and emptying it. A few companies provide uninstallers (e.g. Adobe), but most do not.

Not necessarily : most apps just put a little plist file in your preferences, but sometimes there's some stuff in application support as well. I use AppZapper to uninstall apps and it works very well. Give it a try.

JoeSixPack

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2008
hey guys, i used to play SC2 on the PC. i'm about to try out the Mac version now. i'm using a friend's login account, would he see that i'm using the Mac client? or would it just show up as SC2? could he see that i'm playing it on a Mac?

thanks

Another point for Blizzard. Not only do they ship both versions on the same day (back in the old days they would ship both versions on the same disk) but they are so hardware agnostic people cannot discriminate! <LOL>

nec207

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
It sounds like he is using some one mac and wants to play this game and do not want anyone to find out and than will delete the game when he is done:):):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.