Starcraft 2 Mac crashes on nVidia Drivers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rwdebes, Jul 28, 2010.

1. rwdebes macrumors 6502

happend to me 4 times already today , i did some google serch and found a lot of places saying that:

StarCraft 2 may occasionally crash while on Mac OS X 10.6 with nVidia drivers. No solution to this issues yet.

i've been seeing a lot of issues on nvidia drivers on 10.6.4 specially , thats sux.

am i the only one ?

my config:

macbook pro 13" last model
    2.4 c2d
    4gb ram
    nvidia Geforce 320M 256mb

2. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

I'v been having a few problems too. Not necessarily crashing completely but things freeze and menus can be missing randomly sometimes. I really hope there is a fix from Blizzard soon.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

The general consensus is that 10.6.4's graphics drivers were pretty bad.

4. macchiato2009 macrumors 65816

it happened to me twice

i hope the next update will fix this

i was wondering why gfx drivers are always so S_hitty with Apple :confused: :eek: :mad:

5. tidu macrumors newbie

Sometimes I will finish a game, look at the Score Screen, and when I press "Back", it'll crash. And throughout matches I get random freezes that will last 2-3 seconds. I have a 2007 MBP with pretty much minimum specs :p

2.2ghz
    4GB RAM
    8600M GT

6. daggertail macrumors newbie

Me too... I'm using windowed mode and once I finish a game and enter the bridge or armory etc, the mbp just hangs...
    the screen flickers and the whole mbp becomes unresponsive...
    I have to hodl the power button to reset it :(

7. Yixian macrumors 65816

A skeleton team working 5 years behind their Windows counterparts. Steve allowed Mac gaming to wither.

I really can't recommend bootcamping Starcraft 2 enough, your performance will skyrocket, and you have the option of overclocking. Don't waste your time with OS X unless you have a Mac Pro will dual SLI HD 5800s, maybe then you'd get 30fps on high (just..).

8. Meever macrumors 6502a

I've had the game crash literally dozens of times. Strangely enough never during midgame in multiplayer though.... at least the game has been considerate in that regards.

9. chrisvee macrumors regular

I just installed SCII on my MBP today, haven't played yet, but I'll give it a shot later. Perhaps I'll even try BootCamp!

I'll report back with my results.

10. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

yeah fortunately I stuck with 10.6.3

11. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Ive had no issues for the entire single player campaign and never had a crash on 10.6.4, but I'm not saying other people cant have issues . This is on an sc install that's on an encrypted FireWire external (which one would expect to have problems). I know my performance would be better on Windows though.

12. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

i noticed my game would artifact somtimes,

i read on several sites on net that the game is burning up graphics chips and there is a workaround for it, i have applied it and my crashing and artifacting is gone.

http://www.neowin.net/news/starcraft-2-causing-graphics-cards-to-overheat

i would say this is alot of the crashing issues, the card heats up and crashes.

ps. my graphics card is fine, i have tested in windows and its great.

13. tidu macrumors newbie