Starcraft 2 on Win XP vs 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by seong, Apr 19, 2010.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I have bootcamp right now with Windows XP installed to play Starcraft 2 Beta. I was wondering (the gameplay on XP is awesome) by installing Starcraft 2 on Windows 7, the performance would be better?

2. aki macrumors 6502a

well, i can't imagine it would be worse. But no I don't imagine it would make it better. Compared to more RAM or a new video card or other suchlike things anywa.

here's my take. xp is aging, and therefore less secure, and more prone to failure. win7 is actually efficient and stable (i say this as a mac loon). so unless you have some particular reason for using xp (eg. compatibility with older software you have), I'd go the win7 route

re SC2 in particular, the game is not especially demanding on hardware, and win7 is as I say pretty efficient - so unless your hardware is on the aging side, I'd think you can't loose anything by installing under win 7. But it's not going to magic your hardware up a notch or anything.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

As the beta is based largely on DX 9.0c (and will likely stay that way for final release), I can't imagine the performance being much different. Other than that, it might support some DX10 eye candy if you running either Vista or 7.