Starcraft 2 playing on Windows 8 - mouse cursor locked!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Greshone, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Greshone macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2011

I have just set bootcamp partition with windows 8 on retina macbook pro.
    I have installed starcraft 2. I can't move a cursor in this game, nor by touchpad nor by mouse.

I also see that bootcamp software is not working corectly - for example - second finger is not working in touchpad.

Any ideas ?

2. Birdmagnus macrumors member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hmm, I don't that it's bootcamp fault. Windows 8 hasn't been officially released yet, so I'm guessing that Apple doesn't have the correct drivers for it yet either.
  3. thomaskc macrumors 6502

Aug 19, 2010
    Windows8 RTM build and sc2 runs perfectly fine.

It's neither win8 or sc2.
  4. ninja2000 macrumors 6502

Dec 16, 2010
    Have you changed it to 150% dpi in windows?

There is a problem with SC2 and windows with a high DPI for some strange reason. Try changing it to 125% dpi in windows.

I had this same problem in W7 on my retina. Its a real shame as windows is most usable at native res with 150%
  5. Xquizit macrumors member

Jun 13, 2007
    I thought I would chime in on this thread, because I spent all last night searching the blizzard forums for an answer and no one had this solution.

I'm on Windows 7, and the default dpi was set to 150%. I had originally set it to 200% to make it more usable, so I set it down to 150% again and it didn't work.

So I set it to 125% based on ninja2000's recommendation, and voila, my cursor was working perfectly in Starcraft II! Thanks!
  6. Xquizit macrumors member

Jun 13, 2007
    Follow up to my last post: After playing around with settings, I found that setting a custom dpi of 149% works. As soon as I change it to 150%, I am unable to use the mouse in StarCraft.

Hope that helps!