Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Hey everyone, with the hugh explosion this forum had on Starcraft 2, I thought we should probably keep talking about it lol. I'm just interested in what all of your usernames, ranks, and leagues you are.

My username: RedMarine
League: Platinum 1v1 and 2v2
I started in bronze league and in less than a week they had me in platinum.
It's been awhile since I've played because I'm busy with work, but I was rank 3 platinum at a time.

Anyone else? Looking forward to maybe playing some of you.

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Name: Calysmic

1v1 Silver
2v2 Platinum
3v3 Platinum rank 2 (trying to get to diamond)

270 something wins.

I play random. And love it a LOT!

Slux

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
So you guys are the ones it keeps matching me against for no good reason, when it should be giving me bronze people, right? >_<

Name: Slux

Leagues: Bronze and Silver! Stop matching me with Platinum and Diamonds! :p

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
So you guys are the ones it keeps matching me against for no good reason, when it should be giving me bronze people, right? >_<

Name: Slux

Leagues: Bronze and Silver! Stop matching me with Platinum and Diamonds! :p

Lol I hear your pain I really do.

However - I actually like getting matched above my level.

Two reasons, first, pretty much every time I lose against a Gold or Plat (I'm Silver), I really learn something important about my play. When I win or lose against someone of equal or lower ability, I don't learn anything I didn't already know.

Second, I know -if- I manage to win against a Gold or Plat player, I score big big points wheeee!

No1nfoProvided

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2009
Lol I hear your pain I really do.

However - I actually like getting matched above my level.

Two reasons, first, pretty much every time I lose against a Gold or Plat (I'm Silver), I really learn something important about my play. When I win or lose against someone of equal or lower ability, I don't learn anything I didn't already know.

Second, I know -if- I manage to win against a Gold or Plat player, I score big big points wheeee!

Thirdly, if you do lose, you only lose like 2 points. lol

NoInfo - Diamond 1v1, 2v2, 3v3.

I play this game too much.

Slux

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
I wouldn't mind it so much if it only happened now and then, but currently about 80-90% of my games are against people 2-3 leagues higher than me.

Getting wasted once is a learning experience.

Getting wasted every game begins to detract from the experience :p

Having said that, I'm not showing any signs of giving up yet :D

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Just hit diamond 3v3 random, rank 12.

We should have an epic 4 person team from macrumors. lol

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
Kael.626 (omg, like Tychus!) on EU.
Gold: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3
Platinum: 4v4

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Here's my info, diamond in the only league that matters when it comes to judging skill; 1v1. (not that it's the best way to judge it.)

http://sc2ranks.com/eu/176636/nwader

Don't be such a snob. I've run into plenty of 6 pools and have swam through an ocean of 4 gates in the Diamond league. Diamonds and Plats honestly aren't much different when it comes to skill level....

Oh.

Name: Lawliet
1v1: Diamond
2v2: Platinum
3v3: Copper? Gold? I honestly don't remember

Rank.... uhhh.... like 50 ish. Little less than 800 points if I recall correctly.

pooky

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
1v1 Bronze. Sigh. I'm routinely beating silvers, though, so maybe I'll get bumped. Then get my tail kicked. Hard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.