Starcraft 2 Works on my macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by paynay, Jul 27, 2010.

1. paynay macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, i have a regular macbook, NOT A PRO. I purchased the one that came out in May of this year, 2.4 GHz, 10 hour battery, 2 GB ram, and the GEfroce 320m video card. I just wanted to let everybody know, this machine does indeed work with Starcraft 2. I didn't adjust any settings on this machine at all. The game actually mentions that it set the settings reccommended for your machine. So i didn't have to do any work at all but enjoy the game. On some of the settings, they were mostly set to Medium, with a few exceptions that were set on low. This game still ran smoothly with no problems at all. Hope this helps some of you and hope to see you on battle.net

2. headphase macrumors newbie

Yeah, the new Macbook can run almost all current games at a decent framerate.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

4. Sir Lorad macrumors member

Anybody knows if the late´09 macbook can handle starcraft 2?

5. j0k3rb0yx macrumors newbie

SC2 doesn't run well on my macbook :(

I have the black macbook and got it a couple years ago. 2g ram, 2.4 ghz intel dual core, and I think my graphics cards is: Intel GMA X3100. I think the graphics card is the problem too. I can play SC2 but its really laggy for me (even when i'm not playing online). All the graphic settings are set to low but it still runs slow for me :( Is it possible to upgrade my graphics card? I wouldn't know how to do it, was kinda hoping I could send in my notebook and have apple upgrade it for me but dunno if they do that?? Does anybody know?

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No upgrading of single components possible. If you want a better graphics card (GPU) get a better computer, no way around it.

7. NeshyD macrumors regular

NeshyD

Yeah it's not possible to upgrade the graphics. I have the exact same model. The only game that I can play fairly well and smooth is TF2.. which is just fine for me :)

8. dspec macrumors newbie

I have the same model bit with 4GB RAM. Was it horrible enough to not work with 4GB RAM?

9. JJBreeze macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting this, it's exactly what I was looking for.

10. aki macrumors 6502a

When you say SC2 runs on a regular Macbook - does that include 3v3s and 4v4s with lots of units running around? Would be very grateful for any info on this part.

I'm not concerned with graphic detail or anything, happy to run on low with everything turned off, just want to know if it can run large multiplayer battles ok or I would need to consider the lowest MBP.

Thanks!

Edit: Scratch that. Answers here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=978222&page=2 . Ie. Macbook should work fine.

11. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Im curious to know this answer as well. Is it that big of a difference in the 9400 and the 320??

12. jincongz macrumors member

Nexus Wars works

Well, I run a macbook with X3100, and I just tried SC with everything turned low.
    It runs, and the battles aren't that bad until there is a mass of units. I can't imagine controlling units when it's a mess, so I can only say that they Nexus Wars and variants works. Will try DOTA next.