Starcraft 2!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Drexra, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Drexra macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm looking into going to the mac side of pc vs mac, and Im hoping for a little bit of help! I was wondering if the current macbook would run starcraft 2, doesn't need to be on uber awesome graphics, low-medium would suffice!

I know most people will probably say Macbook pro, but price is very much an issue.

2. BeachHead macrumors newbie

I have the late 2009 Mac Book and the game runs good as long as you don't get too big of a map. I have not played MP on it so I can't say how well that is. I don't think it will be that bad for you.

3. Drexra thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Thanks for the intel! If anyone knows how the multiplayer is, that would be great to know too :)

4. riceboidavid macrumors newbie

My unibody macbook runs SC2 fine w/ EVERYTHING on low in the online multiplayer. Not very visually stimulating, but you still get the SC2 experience.

5. Drexra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! Doesn't need to be pretty, just functional!

6. paynay macrumors newbie

So I have the 2010 white unibody macbook and I play everything on settings medium. I play all multilayer types form 4v4 to nexus wars. it runs fine with no lag except for nexus wars after about 25 minutes into the game when there are mass units. I did however upgrade my RAM to 4Gb and I think it helped with the game loading matches. But I can't complain at all about the gameplay, it never mentions My machine is the one slowing down the game although I do see many other users whose machines do