StarCraft after instilation problems

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Mozzkitty, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Mozzkitty macrumors newbie

Mozzkitty

With the release of SCII coming up I decided to buy a new edition of the battlechest (I lost mine years ago). This is my first mac and I am having some difficulties starting the game. I successfully downloaded both Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War, however after the instillation was complete it prompted me to click the "Play Game" button, I did so and all that happened was that my curser was moved from wherever it was to the upper left hand corner of the screen. The play now window then disappeared, so I clicked on the "Play Starcraft: Brood War" icon on my desktop and it did nothing but move my curser to the same spot again. I'm not sure if it was the instillation or the game it self, does anyone have any ideas? (Sadly I'm no very mac savvy I'm more of a Linux type of gal).

I have a Macbook OSX 13 inch

Thank you

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

What version of Starcraft? I'm not certain what's wrong, but you might try checking out this thread or PMing this guy (he's a Blizzard employee - no idea how long it'd take him to reply though).

3. Mozzkitty thread starter macrumors newbie

Mozzkitty

Okay so I eventually got it figured out I had to reconfigure a bunch of stuff in the game files, but its all good now. Thank you

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

5. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

HI Mozzkitty, hows Starcraft been ? im thinking of playing this again and installing on my AIr. Are you finding alot of people on still ?