Starcraft II Graphics Requirements

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MyDesktopBroke, Aug 20, 2008.

1. rbarris macrumors 6502

It would be premature to draw any conclusions as to which GPU cards or systems will actually be supported (based on the comments in the SIGGRAPH paper).

2. Padraic macrumors regular

I followed your link and then a couple others and found the actual requirements here.

Starcraft 2 requires pixel shader 2 support, according to this paragraph:
    any mac with a GMA 950 or better will be able to play it. Am I reading this right?

3. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Any Mac with a GMA 950 would *probably* run it, but I'm guessing not very well. :(

4. lamadude macrumors 6502

I don't think it will work, the GMA 950 "supports" pixel shader 2, but in reality this means that the game will run (as in: it won't refuse to boot the game) but the frame rate will be unplayable. I'm pretty sure you'll need more than a GMA 950 to run this game.

5. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Even if I can only get a constant 10 fps with my X3100 I'll be very happy. Anything more than that will be amazing.

6. rbarris macrumors 6502

I will reiterate that *no* official system requirements have been posted yet for the game.

7. nnfaris5 macrumors member

hopefully my old mac to be able to play it cuz i've been waiting to play SCII since i was born ^___________^

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Amazing, you type quite well for a toddler. :)

Blizzard games are always behind on graphics, because they put so much more into the important parts, like gameplay.

Anyways, if it's anything like WC3, it will run great on loads of different comps.

<]=)