Starcraft II on Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by usernames.taken, May 13, 2015.

1. usernames.taken macrumors member

usernames.taken

Just some information for those that were wondering about Starcraft II on this laptop.

I've installed it on my 1.3Ghz, set it to all graphics settings to the lowest option, and limited the frame rate to 25fps to attempt to avoid overheating.

The game definitely plays ok, but the bottom side of the laptop becomes too hot to touch very quickly. Interestingly when you quit the game, it cools back down very quickly.

2. Barna Biro, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Thanks for sharing this information, it's nice to know. I was really thinking about getting a new laptop this year ( currently using a maxed out first gen 13" rMBP ) and although I'm tempted to get the new Macbook, I think I'll wait till the next version.

I don't really care about the crappy front-facing camera, but the CPU could be a tad bit better ( mainly for programming + some games such as: Dota 2, Anno 2070, Don't Starve: Together, Dark Souls 2, Starcraft 2 maybe even WoW / Guild Wars 2; would not mind running them on low settings, but FPS should be at least reliable 24-30 ) and that single port is iffy ( especially for games where I'd need at least 2 USB ports -> mouse and USB headset ).