starcraft II system reqs

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by otis123, Feb 21, 2009.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

so its been i while since ive done a post on this, but i always like to see the thoughts of my fellow mac enthusiasts, so why do you think Starcraft II will ask of a a system?

My guesses:

minimum:
    2.0 core duo or higher
    128mb GPU
    1.5GB of Ram
    8gb HDD space

Recommended:
    2.2 C2D or higher
    256mb GPU
    2gb of Ram
    8gb HDD space

What do you guys think? as for me i just got a new MBP and i would like to think i could run it on high. the game is supposed to go into beta fairly soon so we should see this game by the end of the year.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Well, Blizzard is known on marketing to many different computer levels. So I'm going to assume that the minimum requirements would be a Pentium 4. and a 1GB RAM.

3. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

that does seem right on the pc side, i was talking mac version.

4. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

I'm almost willing to guarantee that SC2 will be able to run on a GMA X3100. Blizz would be too cruel to exclude this (huge) market, mac side and PC side. that being said, if a GMA x3100 works, the rest of the specs are rather unimportant (on the mac side anyway, since GMA X3100=Core 2 duo, which is more then fine)

5. TheScavenger macrumors 6502

TheScavenger

Blizzard is a pro at making games scalable. I also would not be surprised if SC2 had low system requirements. From what I have seen so far the graphics aren't too complex.

Josh

6. Moriarty macrumors 6502

I'd be confident that any Intel Mac (except maybe GMA 950) will be able to run SC2. Warcraft 3 runs well on the X3100, and I'd expect all Blizzard need to do to make SC2 run well on it is include low-resolution, low-polygon models and options for turning off dynamic lighting and scaling effects way back...

It would be a wise move for them to make the game run well on the X3100. If not, any intel Mac with dedicated graphics should run it. I doubt PPC will be supported at all...

7. lewdvig macrumors 65816

WoW is playable on low end GPUs so SCII will be too. It's because Blizzard are smart and know how to cater to the casual gamer and the extreme gamer and everyone in between.

I think folks with 9400m Macs will be happy. After all, look at how well AoEIII runs on the Mac. It's great on a unibody MB.

8. Ol3s macrumors regular

Ol3s

Even though i had a weak pc before, i never looked at system requirements cos they dont mean ****. Prince of persia (the new one) had higher system requirements than CoD5 as far as im aware but PoP worked while CoD5 didnt. Same For Stalker and CS:Source, CS source had lower requirements but worked worse. Never look at System requirements!

9. aluminumapple macrumors regular

Blizzard is one of the companies that let the Lowest end computers run their games. i have honestly never seen a product from them that required that much graphics. even WoW. if your computer cant do much, blizzard works with that. if your computer can handle it, it also gives you a beautiful picture.

it really works both ways.

10. permutated macrumors member