Starcraft in August 08? (Yes, it's stupid speculation)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by bobber205, Jan 2, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Link to ANN

Hmm. I've heard August tossed around as the launch month, and if that's coming out the same month... hmm maybe then? :D

2. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

I'm looking forward to playing it.. though its feels like its taking forever.. :(

3. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Meh, It could very easily go for another two years, Blizzard takes their time.

4. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 2009. I sure hope not though. I'd like it to be around Dec this year. I'll be done school so I won't have to worry about getting homework done and juggle the more important thing of Starcraft.

5. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

I already have some money packed away for a 8800 or better to buy when this game comes out. Hell I'll upgrade to Vista to have DX10 effects! :)

6. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

You better get comfy... Blizzard takes a looong time. I remember waiting for the first starcraft felt like an eternity, granted I was a lot younger... But yeah. Play some SC1 to pass the time. I am :D

7. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

I cant wait. I cant see it being delayed for anotbher year. I say late '08 latest. They are stupid if they take more than that. I know, i know, at least they are taking the time to polishh it (we hope...), its just its been delayed over and over again. Why release a release date if you are just going to end up delaying it? yeesh.

8. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I am really looking forward to StarCraft II, but I doubt I will be able to play it. :(
    I'll be buying a MacBook after MacWorld, and unless it gets dedicated graphics, which is quite unlikely, StarCraft probably won't run on it.

9. bov macrumors 6502

im hoping Starcraft II comes out soon so that my MBP can handle it well :D

10. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

Well i'll just pretend Starcraft II is not in development.. and when they release it, I will act surprised. ;)

11. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I'm acknowledging that Starcraft II is in development . . . and I'll still be surprised when it's actually released :D.

12. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Uh, they haven't announced a release date. Being a Blizzard game, I'm guessing late '08 at the earliest, early '09 most likely.