Starcraft With 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by otis123, Oct 29, 2007.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

I installed leopard on my system, and fired up Starcraft to see if it is compatible and it gives me this error message "starcraft was unable to load a required file, if this persists please reinstall from the starcraft CD, the problem occurred when trying to load file arr\mapdata.dat error: 24. so i tried reinstalling with the OSX installer and the install would get 1/3 done, then the install CD would eject involuntarily, and would say "installation was canceled" i have not touched the starcraft files from when i installed them in tiger. so i cant find the problem. any tips?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

not sure what the problem is, but i can tell you it installed fine on 10.5 for me. I used the native OS X installer and it went off without a hitch...on battle.net right now. I'd just give it another go.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Considering how old that CD must be, it could be scratches that are preventing you.

I remember my original Starcraft CD, it got scratched in a really bad spot, and now the installer thinks the legit CD is pirated.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

If that's the case, you might be able to torrent the disk image and use your legit CD key. I'm not sure about the legality behind that though.

5. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I just loaded starcraft and it went fine. My only problem is when I exit my icons are all re-arranged funky on my desktop.