Stargate Worlds

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by waterskier2007, Mar 23, 2008.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

I want to know how many people here have heard of the game Stargate: Worlds, an MMORPG in development. have you guys heard of it and what do you think of the impact of this game entering the market

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Well it is a shooter mmo. Neither is new separately and isn't new as a combo. They have it set during the lackluster seasons of stargate so not incredibly exciting there either. It will probably do better than the matrix online...probably do similarly to Tabula Rasa seeing as how they're almost the same concept except one uses magic and the other relies more on "real world" weapons.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I've heard of it. I'd like to play, but I doubt it will get anywhere close to the popularity of WoW.

4. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Did not know about this until now. Would be interested in playing it. Nice that someone is trying to put together a Stargate game.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

mmorpg.com

check the gamelist link and look for stargate worlds. lots of discussion there.

6. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Will it be available for Mac? Last I heard it was PC only. I hope it does well and can bring some competition to WoW.

7. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah i only ask, because my dads friend asked if he wanted to invest in it. he wasn't interested after attending an informational meeting but he said it seemed interesting