Starry Night 1.1 - boo I want v. 1 back

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djbrickhouse, Apr 23, 2007.

1. djbrickhouse macrumors member

Anyone use Starry Night widget?

The new version sucks with the ticker tape across the bottom. I think they force you to update to this version. Anyone know a way to get version 1 back?

2. jdtanner macrumors newbie

I opened the widget and edited a few files to break the ticker ;-)

*edit*
    Right! I've attached my edited files from the Widget so that the RSS Ticker and the Sales Pitch (on the About tab) are removed. I take no responsibility if you screw up your computer using this ;-)

You'll want to edit the files in the Widget, so you'll need to get to this in the Finder (normally in /Macintosh HD/Users/<username>/Library/Widgets). Once there, ctrl-click (right click) on "Starry Night.wdgt" and select "Show Package Contents". Now unzip the attached file (preserving the folder structure) and overwrite the existing files.

Shame to see that they decided to go for the "nickel and diming" option of trying to peddle their software so blatantly :-( Be warned, using this is possibily a breach of the copyright/t&cs of Imaginova, and I suggest that you look what I have done for purely educational purposes (of course I'm running the unmodified version ;-) ).

John

Attached Files:

3. djbrickhouse thread starter macrumors member

cool,

I jamed those in and it works great!

thanks

4. jdtanner macrumors newbie

No problems...glad somebody else was feeling the same as me! :-D

5. mmueck macrumors newbie

A new version was released today. Can you please perform your exorcism again?