Stars to Points - part 3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just had this in my inbox

[​IMG]

I'm hoping this will finally include the ability to either trade Stars for Points cards (and deal with the super long delivery times :() or if they'll do it all through the Wii Shop channel. It's gotta be upon us now. I emailed them a month or so ago and they we should be expecting news of this soon (if anyone remembers). Maybe this is the news? I just want to finally get half the VC games I've been putting off :mad:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ your not the only one holding off.

The time this has taken if it indeed 'does' happen is simply ridiculous.

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Just been reading up on this at Eurogamer. Turns out some chap got an email from Nintendo a while ago that said we should be getting this feature in Winter.

My email said "soon" and the site is currently down, and almost Winter :D

2+2 might equal 5 though. :(

Edit: well, the new email format seems to display your star balance. Looks like we're almost there! VC spree coming soon :D

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It's here!

Finally! But in typical Nintendo fashion, they give with one hand and take with the other :(

it's a 4:1 ratio and you can only buy 2 sets of points a day. But I've just tanked my account up to 9500 stars so I'm not too worried. Really would have liked a 1:1 ratio.

2375 will get me my Super Metroid at least :)

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Glad it's here but 4:1 ratio :rolleyes: Wow our eternal gratitude nintendo :rolleyes:

So for spending €60 on a game, I am now rewarded 500 star points, which can be converted into 120 on the shopping channel.

Worth all of about €1 euro. So Nintendo generously are offering us about 1.5% redeemable off - and all we have to do is register all our details, provide them with marketing information, go to the effort of scratching off the card - logging into their site once more and enter the details of the purchase you have made which....

And at the end of the day, were still charged more than Japan or America for the privilege.

Added to the extra 6 months we have had to wait for the game in the first place...

AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Nintendo - you annoy me at times

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It's a bit broke too. I got out 2x300 points last night, come morning and they're not on my Wii and they've charged me for 3! Which shouldn't even be possible in 1 24 hour period.

4:1 is so poo. My spree has been cut down to the necessities :eek:

Oh, and the new questionnaire is terrible. Sure it's market research and all that, but to reward us with so few points for doing it? Don't think I'll bother with Stars once my current stock is used up.

7. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

Has anyone bought points over the weekend? I've been on the site a couple of times, and it claims that none of the cards are available. Bit miffed, as I've enough stars for about 2000 points....