StarSmasher is out.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MicroByte, Jul 31, 2008.

1. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Played it a little. For those that are not familiar with this game, it's similar to Star Fox, but there really isn't a story or any other levels. You fly through the asteroid belt and chase other ships. For 2.99, it's a great time passer, but not much more. If you're looking for in depth stories or epic boss battles, your out of luck.

For 3 bucks though, it's a good showcase for my touch and it's pretty decent for a Star Fox like fix.

The controls are good once you figure out how to position the touch as the "dead zone" from there, tilt forward to go up, towards you to go down. I kinda wished it was inverted so it would be more like airplane controls.

Right now, you tap to fire. The dev has already noted that future update will have hold screen to auto fire.

Like I said, pretty decent for 2.99. Not something I'll be playing forever, but good for a quick bathroom fix! :p

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285960014&mt=8

2. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the lack of inverted controls sucks. Or rather, the lack of normal airplane/spaceship controls sucks, instead it's ''inverted'' from the way that it should be. I'm sure an update will address this soon enough though