Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacEnjoyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Maybe there is no way for this, but its possible for one to extinguish and then start aigan the computer with olny press one button? Its like for if computer dosent perform correct and I would like to start over so it can perform? Sorry if it dosent make sence at all, english is not my first langauge! But I hope somone can help me... It's not all too important be cause I can simpley press once for extinguish and once for start aigan, but i am lazy :D

fcamilleri

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
In Your Mind
Oh and for someone who's first language is not english, your grammar is GREAT. Your spelling however, needs improvement.

Keep working at it :)

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
So, essentially, you're wanting to change the behavior of the power button on your Mac. I looked around a bit, but haven't found any way of doing that. I did find a command line way of initiating a restart though.
Code:
shutdown -r now
There's other arguments you can use. Enter the command man shutdown to read more about that. There's also a reboot command you can use. You might be able to tie this to a script, but not sure how you'd tie it to the power button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.