Start computer at Mac or windows choice at startup by default?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Pineapples23, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Pineapples23 macrumors member

I know you hold down alt to get the choice between mac or windows at start up. Sometimes I forget alt, and have to keep restarting. Is it possible so that by default, when i turn on my comp, it goes to that choice start up page so that I dont need to hold down alt?

Ty in advanced

2. 76ShovelHead macrumors 6502a

76ShovelHead

Can't you select your windows volume in startup disk? Just search for startup disk via spotlight.

3. Pineapples23 thread starter macrumors member

I can. it actually starts up my windows partition automatically. I forget that i should've hold alt so I can choose mac or windows. So I am wondering if I can just go to the screen to CHOOSe by default? This way I wont ever need to hold alt. sometimes i want mac, other times i want windows.

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Yes you can.

1. In Windows, right click on the BC icon in the task bar and select boot into OS X.

2. In OS X, open Sys Prefs → Startup Disk and select Macintosh HD as your default boot drive.

5. doynton macrumors 6502

If you use rEFInd it always defaults to booting whatever it booted last time so if you booted Windows last time it will default to Windows.