Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

If you're waiting for the new Apple TV 4K to arrive tomorrow, Apple has already opened up the ability for you to purchase 4K HDR movies on iTunes as of last week. Although any movie you own in HD will be automatically upgraded to the enhanced 4K HDR format, Amazon is offering customers the chance to increase their iTunes film collections this week with a discount on the $100 iTunes gift card tier, being sold at $85 right now with free shipping (limited to one per customer).

apple-tv-4k-itunes-gift-card-deal.jpg

That'll let you purchase five full-priced movies on iTunes for nearly the price of just four, and you can of course still use the gift card to buy any app, game, song, album, TV show, or book sold by Apple. There isn't currently a discount on the other price tiers of iTunes gift cards, so $50 and $25 cards on Amazon are priced at their respective levels.

Studios currently supporting 4K movies on iTunes at $20 include 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Paramount, Sony, Warner Bros., and Universal Pictures. New releases available to purchase today include Wonder Woman, Baby Driver, Alien: Covenant, The LEGO Batman Movie, Logan, and many more. Currently, Disney is the only studio holding out from releasing its films in 4K on iTunes.

4k-hdr-itunes.jpg

Head over to our Deals Roundup to discover more recent and ongoing discounts, including sales on Jaybird and Jabra headphones at Best Buy, over 50 percent off a Thule Stravan Deluxe Attache for 13" MacBooks at B&H Photo, and an updated roundup of Qi inductive wireless chargers.

Article Link: Start Expanding Your 4K Movie Collection Today With $100 Worth of iTunes Credit for $85

mlabonte21

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2015
If you are a Costco member, they occasionally have $200 iTunes cards for $165.

That's what I do to hold me for a few months :)

Reactions: radiology

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Start expanding your 4K movie collection today by purchasing people's unused digital download codes 25-90% off.
[doublepost=1506021667][/doublepost]
But if you have an Amazon Prime VISA, you get an additional 5% cash back.
And 2% back on things like gas and eating out, 1% back on everything else. I put everything through that card now (except things you can't like mortgage, utilities, etc) and shop heavily at Amazon and have earned nearly $500 in Amazon credit in the past year. This is one of the best cards out there. I'm going to use the credit towards getting a new mirrorless camera, hopefully this autumn.

Reactions: netnothing

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I love when these deals come around. Thanks for the heads up!

iamgalt

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
Are you able to now download 4K movies to your local library? I tried last week when the 4K label first started showing up on iTunes, but it still would only download in 1080p.

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
Also worth noting that there are several 4K movies under $20, like The LEGO Movie ($9.99) and The LEGO Batman Movie ($12.99). In fact, it appears that more than half are under $20.

Last edited:

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Never seen the $200 but most Costco locations have $100 (4 $25 cards in a package) for $84.99. It comes around usually every 2-3 months.

Reactions: radiology

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Are you able to now download 4K movies to your local library? I tried last week when the 4K label first started showing up on iTunes, but it still would only download in 1080p.

No, you cannot download 4K files:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207949

You can download a local copy of an HD movie, and you might be able to download HDR and Dolby Vision versions, but you can't download a 4K version.

odditie

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
It’s worth noting that these cards can be used for 12 months of Apple Music for $99, effectively bringing the cost down to about $7 per month.

Yep, I do that and it's also a great option for Netflix. They don't charge extra to subscribe thru IAP so you buy a $100 gift card for $85 and get 10 months of Netflix for $85 instead of $100.

luvbug

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Getting closer every day!
Start expanding your 4K movie collection today by purchasing people's unused digital download codes 25-90% off.
[doublepost=1506021667][/doublepost]
And 2% back on things like gas and eating out, 1% back on everything else. I put everything through that card now (except things you can't like mortgage, utilities, etc) and shop heavily at Amazon and have earned nearly $500 in Amazon credit in the past year. This is one of the best cards out there. I'm going to use the credit towards getting a new mirrorless camera, hopefully this autumn.

I do the same, but I also use the Amazon Visa to auto-pay my utilities, insurance, cell phone, etc. and make charitable donations. It's a great card.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I do the same, but I also use the Amazon Visa to auto-pay my utilities, insurance, cell phone, etc. and make charitable donations. It's a great card.
I use it to pay most things like cell phone, internet, streaming services and other recurring payments. But either we aren't allowed to or are charged a 3% fee if we use a credit card to pay city utilities here. Haven't thought about using it to make donations—good idea!

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
But if you have an Amazon Prime VISA, you get an additional 5% cash back.
I could only dream of 5% CB on my Amex here in Germany...

The 0.5% it grants is the highest you'll get. That's before non-payment-provider-bassed cashback sure, but you guys get that, too...

Glassed Silver:mac

George Zip

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2011
Timely gift, but sadly no higher than frequent and customary discounts on those cards at places like Walmart, etc.

Walmart used to have the 4-pack of $10 cards for $36 at the checkout (not online), and had it for the longest time. That was a relatively regular purchase for me.

Last time I looked to grab a pack, they were gone; all they seem to have is the $25 and the "set your own amount" cards, along with a "Pair this Gift Card with a Hershey's Bar Gift Set!" sign.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.