Start up AUDIO volume

Discussion in 'macOS' started by canuhandlethis8, Nov 7, 2009.

1. canuhandlethis8 macrumors member

Hey all,

is there anyway to change the start-up AUDIO volume from being at full blast to something less loud?? Same with when you unplug headphones, it always go to full blast!!

2. gorjan macrumors 6502

You just turn the sound down with your headphones unplugged. Your Mac will remember the setting, and the startup sound won't be as loud.

3. canuhandlethis8 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks that app is nice and handy but not what I was looking for. I meant the actual audio volume not the "donnnnng" sound. Everytime I start up it's at full blast, and I have my mac hooked up to my 5.1, nothing like having someone send me an instant message at 4am and scaring the crap outta me, and having my neighbors bang on the walls lol

4. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

I do what gorjan mentioned and it works. Whether I've slept the iMac or shut it down, it remembers my volume control setting. I don't use external speakers, so that might be something different. Good luck!

5. canuhandlethis8 thread starter macrumors member

i've tried it 4 times and still no go...I've been experiencing a lot of problems lately, I might restore OS X, I have all my stuff backed up tho time machine..but if there are corrupt OS files, won't time machine restore those as well??