Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raverpoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I'm looking for some tech advice.

My MBP was working fine. The next next day I started it and immediately after the start up tone, I received an error message and it asked me to power down the computer by holding down the power button.

The error message can be seen in the 3 screen shots attached. It's in 3 shots because the horizontal text was too long to be captured in only 1 shot.

I tried rebooting in safemode by holding down the shift key directly after the start up tone, but I received the same error.

Any thoughts from the community?

OS X 10.7.2 MacBook Pro 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 124
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 161
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 116

macuserx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2006
Try booting into single user mode and performing some diagnostics. How to for booting into single user or verbose mode

If you can get in with single user, try some of the commands listed here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1417

I would also recommend booting into Firewire target disk mode (hold "T" at startup) and seeing if you can access the files on the laptop from another computer. This will also allow you to backup.

Good luck and be very careful in single user mode since you're logged in as root and can damage your system if you enter careless commands.

You might need to re-install since it seems that something is damaged in the OS X install; launchd not starting is a serious issue that is preventing the OS from booting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.