Start Up Disc Full??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Littleboo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Littleboo macrumors regular

I keep getting an error box that my start up disc is almost full. I've really stripped my laptop of most of the programs and files. I have done disc utility and it finds no issues. What do I do?

It's 10.5.8
    Processor 2 GHz Intel core 2 duo
    Memory 2 GB 667 MHzDDR2 SDRAM

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're wondering what "Other" category in the Lion storage tab is about, this may help explain:
    For space issues not explained by the above, there are a few things you can try, some of which may or may not apply:
    Here are a few resolutions found by others with the same question:

3. Littleboo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your time in helping me. Sorry, I have a few more questions.

This has been going on for about a month, so I've rebooted several times. It doesn't do much.

Ran Disc utility and no issues were found

I can't figure out how to search for big files, but I've pretty much gone through the entire computer and there isn't any files. It's not my main computer so I don't use it for storage of files, etc.

I have no space to download the applications you sent. :mad:

I am wondering if I should wipe it clean and install leopard. thoughts? I was hoping to resolve it without having to install programs, email accounts, etc.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you'll take the time to read my post and the links provided, you'll find several possible solutions that don't require installing apps. Just take the suggestions one at a time. There's no way for someone to give you one simple thing to do, as your issue may be caused by one of many possibilities. It just takes some time to carefully consider each one and see if it applies to your case.