Start up Disk does not show up Windows 7 SSD

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Falcon703549, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Falcon703549 macrumors newbie

Falcon703549

I am running Lion on a Mac Pro, holding down ALT when booting correctly displays disks as Mac Pro or Windows 7.

I am able to boot to both, no problem.

I created a 2nd Windows 7 partition using Boot camp and this shows in the Start Up Disk as an option to target from start up.

My problem is that I originally created an SSD disk running windows 7 without the use of Bootcamp and whilst everything works, it does not show in the Start Up Disk as an option so I am unable to auto boot by default to Windows 7 which is used more often that OSX.

I appreciate now that I could just format my SSD and reload Windows and all the applications but that is about a days work and inconvenient.

Is there any way I can add the SSD to the startup disk?

Thanks.

2. rezwits macrumors 6502a

rezwits

Yes

There is some kinda of bug, where if after you install Windows via your own way or even Bootcamp walk thru, it won't show up in Startup Disk System Prefs.

The two ways to do it are.

In Mac OS X, install Paragon NTFS, not considering other Terminal command hacks etc.

In Windows, after you Option Boot, you can goto the Bootcamp Control in Windows and select the Windows drive as your Startup Disk for subsequent boots.

Laters...