Start-up disk is full...message

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ricardofel, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ricardofel macrumors newbie

I keep getting this message...any suggestions on what to do?? thanks

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Erm, free up some of the hard drive?
    Archive old documents on to CD or DVD and delete them, Run appzapper to remove unwanted apps, remove unwanted languages and printer drivers.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Back-up all data files onto CD / DVD and dump anything you don't need. :)

FJ

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Did you follow the suggestions in your previous thread? Are you still getting this message after you have followed those suggestions? If you have followed those suggestions and are still getting those messages...can you give us some information:

1) Computer type, hard drive size, amount of RAM.

2) When exactly do these messages occur...what are you doing at the time?

5. ricardofel thread starter macrumors newbie

New message "scratch disk is full"..in photoshop.

Can't save altered images. I've trashed over 2000 photos from iphoto, trashed many files & unwanted items & deleted them in trash. This is a powerbook 17" 1.5 gigs ram, 100 gig HD. thanks

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Unless you have an external hard drive that you are using as the scratch disk...the new error means you are pretty much in the same situation as before. Both OS X and Photoshop used empty space on the drive for various purposes (OSX for virtual memory, Photoshop to enable the History panel, Undo, Revert, Etc.)...so the error means the Photoshop wants more space.

When you trashed the photos in iPhoto, did you empty the trash in iPhoto? (under the iPhoto menu)...I am always forgetting to do that.

How much space does your HD say you have available?...it should be on the bottom of every Finder window.