Start up ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DBracken171, May 11, 2011.

1. DBracken171 macrumors newbie

I have just received my ipad2. I have plugged it into the main socket with all the supplied adapter etc. The ipad came on showing the charging icon plus a USB pointing to ITunes, it then turned off. If I press the on button this same thing comes on for aprox l min. then the screen goes blank. Is this just a very low battery (it does not seem to be showing any battery level when it comes on) and that is why it turns off very quickly - or is there something wrong. I have not had dealings with an ipad before so am lost. Wish Apple would supply a more detailed instruction manual (hard copy). Grateful for any help.

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

by main socket do you mean a wall outlet or your PC? You have to plug it into your PC to "activate it"

if it is plugged into your pc, plug it into your wall and let it charge for a bit, then connect it to your pc.

3. DBracken171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I didn't realise that you had to plug it into your computer first. I have it plugged into a wall socket. Do you just plug it in or do you have to have iTunes open etc. Sorry if this sound stupid.

4. jmthigpen macrumors regular

you cannot use an iPad without setting it up with itunes first

5. KHC831 macrumors member

open itunes. you just need to do this once

6. Janet1 macrumors member

Install itunes on your laptop or desktop, open it up and then sync your iPad to your computer, attaching it via the USB cord provided.