Start-up problem with Acrobat Professional 8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thl, Jun 4, 2007.

1. thl macrumors newbie

Hi, everytime when i launch acrobat professional 8 i get this message that i have to launch an other program of the suite, i do that but acrobat always keep quiting... has anyone this similar problem?

Attached Files:

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I have the same problem|! but haven't been bothered to fix it. anyone any ideas?

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Have you both activated CS3 (through one of the other programs) yet?

4. thl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, like you can see, photoshop, illustrator and indesign are running.. and I have restarted several times...

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Okay, so you're not still in the 30-day trial mode or anything like that?

We did have a problem here where one former employee decided to jump the gun, and grabbed the new version the not-no-nice way before we had the real thing delivered. Acrobat kept failing in a similar way on that machine even after a legitimate CS3 install, until we blew away the Adobe folders under /Library/Application Support and reinstalled yet again.

This isn't to suggest that you've done anything wrong, I bring up that story to point out that the activation system is fragile.

You may want to try deactivating, renaming those Adobe folders (rename rather than trash in case you have older Adobe apps, or fonts etc., that you nay need to fish out), and reinstalling CS3. Don't try running Acrobat until activation is done again.

There is this script that is really intended to clear out things that prevented beta testers from installing the final CS3, but I'm not sure if it will get rid of everything that screws with the activation. You may want to try that instead of the more blunt renaming of whole folders under Application Support though.