Start up screens in leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by applefan69, Mar 10, 2008.

1. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

Hey, this is a question about somethin im not sure if apple changed in leopard. As we know, OS X starts up with 3 steps

1) white screen with apple logo
    2) Blue background, with white box in the middle and a blue bar showing progress
    3) Finallizing start up, and loading finder/desktop

Well... I got myself a new macbook and got leopard both at the same time, now somethin I've noticed about my macbooks start up is it goes like this

1)White screen with apple logo
    2) blue background flashes
    3) my desktop/finder loads

Did, apple remove the white box with a blue bar that indicates progress? Or is my mac so fast I can't see it?

Even if it is just a case of my mac being really fast shouldn't I at least see SOMETHING, cause my parents iMac (which is running Tiger) I see the white box, for less then half a second, (as in it just sorta flashes)...but with leopard on my macbook i dont see anything.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Apple removed it.

It was faked in Tiger anyway: it didn't show the progress at all. What Apple used to do was record the time the last boot took and that's how long the progress bar would take on the next boot. So often the boot would take longer or less time and the progress bar would look stupid. So they removed it.

3. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

That truly is a Demi God type answer. Well done Sir!

4. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Wow, thats very interesting. Didn't know that. That's kinda pointless if they were faking it, good job :apple:

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

They were certainly faking it. If you have a machine still running Tiger you can play around with it...

6. soms macrumors 6502

soms

Heh interesting, thanks for pointing that out:D