Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
Mine came in today, hooked it up to both my screens and it won't work. Support seems to think its an issue with OSX 10.11.4 BETA since it worked on another laptop in our house thats on 10.10.5.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Mine came in today, hooked it up to both my screens and it won't work. Support seems to think its an issue with OSX 10.11.4 BETA since it worked on another laptop in our house thats on 10.10.5.

What model is running the beta? Have you tried it in clamshell mode? And do all three displays work when one is connected to it and one directly to the computer

jimmi114

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2016

I will wager a guess the laptop on 10.10.5 is thunderbolt 1 not 2 ? The beta software is not the issue I have verified in testing it happens with or without the beta. It seems to be an issue with OSX on thunderbolt 2. I am looking to see if there is a bug for this in the tracker already but haven't found one yet. IF anyone knows of one for this please let me know. Otherwise I will put on in myself. This issue does not happen on Windows when bootcamped.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
Dell's website says you can, using two DP 1.2 ports. For single-cable connectivity 5K needs DisplayPort 1.3

And that's my biggest disappointment with this docking station. At this point, and at that price point most people would be better off to wait until docks with DisplayPort 1.3 become widely available, and preferably also with the inclusion of ThunderBolt3 via USB-C, even though the latter by itself at this time will not support DP 1.3.
TB4 will have dp1.3 very soon, probably 2018-2019... If they still will make new TB version. There's very few need for it with next usb-c/3.2/4...

mbezzo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2000
I got one to test with at work and I'm unable to get the Dell 5k display to work at 5k with it. Still trying things but not sure it will be possible. Anybody else try this with a 5k monitor?

Reactions: Gus999
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.