Started Mac/iPhone blog, need hits

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Randman, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I work at a newspaper in Jacksonville, Fla., and we're pushing for new staff-generated blogs. I've grabbed the Mac/iPhone banner and started publishing some items this week.

http://www.jacksonville.com/interact/blog/rand_miranda/2009-03-10/miranda_writes_iphone_app_review

A review of ColorSplash.

http://www.jacksonville.com/interact/blog/rand_miranda/2009-03-07/miranda_writes

My first, talking about love of Macs and my iPod technical book from a few years ago and a PB12 review I did back in the day as well.

So, if anyone's bored, I could use hits. The more, the merrier and the better the chance it gets a prime marketing spot once the staff blogs are re-organized and promoted better.

Also, I'd like to see what MacRumours users think of it, any suggestions on how to improve it, what they think people would like to see and if they know of any similar-type blogs so I can steal ideas from them (err, I mean, be inspired by).

Thanks in advance.

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

when it comes to blogs.. begging for hits is NOT the best route.. there are some good blogger sites out there though that can help you advertise. personally i like the CFMads.com which is a great advertising system based on credits.. Its fairly new and the admin and owners are great people.. Then there is entrecard.com that is similar but bigger.. a tad political in their moderation.. but its forum, so you expect it.

I also have a Tech related blog and get about 500 hits a day> my alexa is 54,000 - ish.

3. Randman thread starter macrumors 65816

Randman

I was being facetious about the hits.

I've blogged before but on a personal note. This is one is more semi-professional (for the company but at my discretion) so I wanted to see if anyone knew of others doing similar things in the hopes I might be able to learn something to try (or to avoid).

As far as promotion, I'm not worried as we have people being paid for that. I just want to do something up nice and push :apple: as I can.

4. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

personally, its confusing.. Its got a lot of content, but I cant make rhyme nor reason out of it.. Its not JUST an iphone/mac blog.. i dont see a lot of iphone mac stuff in there to begin with..

I dont know.. seems like too many things in one place if you ask me.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hey Rand, it looks like a rough start, but two things that I noticed and may be due to a deadline or something along those lines:

Buy (probably meant But)
    why me? I may not be Walter Mossberg but I do have experience writing and hopefully I can share that and maybe learn some things from readers as well.

I'm author (did you mean: I'm the author) (later co-author) of a technical book on iPods.

Again, little things but I think it has promise. Maybe an updated review on current Macs or iPhone/iPods or buying guides on anything Apple. Don't limit yourself to just Macs and iPhones, remember it's the OS, software, iLife, iDVD, iTunes, iMovie, etc. The list goes on...

6. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla