Starter accessories for Apple Watch (UK)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by chrissmash, May 5, 2015.

1. chrissmash, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015

chrissmash macrumors regular

Hi folks,

Just wanted to ask a few questions about the Apple Watch accessories:

1. What does everyone think of Apple Watch Stands? I ordered the Griffin Apple Watch stand from Amazon
    2. Has anyone purchased any third party straps from the Apple Watch Sport?
    3. Has anyone purchased the Apple Watch Sport and regretted it since? I have a sneaky feeling I should have purchased the SS £600 model.
    4. Is the screen protector required? I read that lots of people are finding it very inconvenient when swiping up and down on the watch.

For anyone interested in the Griffin Apple Watch stand in the UK please see the link here.

Please leave any alternative strap ideas in the comments!

I have ordered the 42mm Sport Black...still in processing.....:(

2. ru7hl355 macrumors regular

The Griffin watch stand looks great, but the 1 to 2 month wait in the UK is crazy, i ordered it from the Griffin website for cheaper and its already on its way to me...

I would get the SS(i did), the sport to me felt cheap and it seems to scratch easily....

3. roblognick macrumors member

For a first gen device, I'm very happy with my Sport. I'm going to wait to see how much I come to use it as to whether I buy the next gen or even upgrade to a SS model.

As for stands, I'm waiting for the Twelve South Hi-Rise as that's what I use for my iPhone.

4. j0han macrumors 6502

j0han

My plan as well. Sport this gen and second gen We'll see.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

1. I have the Spigen stand and ordered it when it was £15 - I think it looks pretty nice, matching my Thunderbolt Display and Rain mStand, and doesn't break the bank. The Griffin one looks a bit phallic to me... :p

2. Not yet, may pick up a matching metal band at some point if they can be had for ~£50. I really like the Sport band though, really comfortable. May get a black or green one at some point.

3. I like the Sport as I prefer the matte finish, though I must admit I would have liked a sapphire screen. In the end, if I'd paid £500+ for the watch instead of £340 I don't think I'd feel as comfortable, as I just don't think the SS is worth the extra. Obviously may be different depending on how easy £180 is to procure for you.

4. I haven't seen one which doesn't look awful yet. No scratches on my Ion-X screen so far, hopefully it holds up OK. My mineral glass face on my Casio Edifice has held up fine over three years, maybe one tiny scratch but doesn't affect the viewing of the face and can only be seen under light.

6. Spendlove macrumors 6502

Spendlove

I am in the same boat as everyone else here.

I bought the Sport because it is a gen 1 product so I went for the cheapest - we all know a new watch will be along in a year or so that all be the killer item like our iPhone 6+ is. So far I am loving my watch so an upgrade is a certain buy. A SS watch I think will be harder to sell second hand when a new watch comes out because it is not the latest version and it will be far more expensive to own than the second hand Sport.

I ordered the Spigen stand. Dirt cheap, looks great and it will be here soon. Why did I order a stand? Because I have three different Apple items on my bedside table charging and they have ..... different bloody connectors. I want the watch out of the way with no fiddling in the dark for the charger.

Screen protector? No thanks. I won't be scratching/breaking my watch with my lifestyle!

7. chrissmash thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the replies guys, I agree with you about the Griffin stand! I will check out the other you have recommended. Griffin haven't taken payment on Amazon yet so I can still cancel that one!

I will leave the screen protector at the moment. Also yes the 1st Gen I have found safer to go for the Sport, I think the 2nd edition which may not be out until late next year potentially will look a lot sleeker. (Fingers crossed)

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

For bands, I backed Click on Kickstarter. I also went with a Kickstarter stand, and backed the Premium One W3 to hold my watch, iPhone, and iPad Air.