Starting a 3GS Plan Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMac702, Jun 15, 2009.

1. BMac702 macrumors regular

Due to recent major changes in my family life, I am going to be on my own very soon. That means that I am going to be without my iPhone (family plan) until I can afford one myself which should be in about a month or two, just not at launch:(. My question is tho that I am 20 years old and, so far, have no credit. I have managed a bank account with a debit card for years but have not established credit for myself yet. Will I get rejected trying to start a new 2-Year iPhone Plan by Apple/AT&T for having no credit or do they just reject those with bad credit?

2. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

They actually like people with bad credit and despise those with none. LOL.

In all seriousness, both the bad credit people and you go in the same boat. You put down a deposit, and begin service.

3. BMac702 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh i see, i did not know that. Do you know how much the deposit would be or usually is?

4. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I have no idea. I am sure it can be found on ATT.com

Yes, here it is...

I see googling "AT&T deposit" also gets me the answer: "anywhere from $50-$1000"

5. Gyrferret macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Take it from me. I recently tried to get and iPhone and I too have no credit.

You'll probably fall into the same category I did: $500 deposit.

Attached Files:

6. BMac702 thread starter macrumors regular

$500? Crap lol, now is that $500 that goes towards my total plan or get deducted from my total plan and stuff or just $500 on top of whatever I would pay for the phone + a 2-year contract cuz I have no credit?

Sorry if these are stupid questions

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

When I got my first phone with Sprint in 2002, I had to pay a $250 deposit. After a year of on-time payments, they credited the deposit to my account and I didn't have to pay another bill for 6 months! But when I moved to AT&T in 2006, I had sufficient credit so I didn't have a need for a deposit. But I would suspect the same is true.

8. BMac702 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, thanks:)

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I'm 20, never been late on a variety of accounts and a good credit to debt ratio. I was able to get 2 lines w/ no deposit :D

10. mtehonica macrumors regular