Starting a new relationship now :)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ooz, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Ooz Guest

Ordered 24" iMac (refurb from Apple store) for about 1400 US yesterday. Can't wait!

It's been 15 years of relationship with PC/Windows. Wouldn't say it's been all that terrible journey, but definitely ready to start a new one!

I have a concern after seeing a 24" iMac in Fry's (Irving, TX) that I might need at least 2.5 feet of distance between the screen and my eyes. Any suggestions on what works (I do not wear any kind of glasses/contacts).

Best regards.

2. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

You'll love it! I got a new one today from a local Apple Store. What you say about the distance from the screen is somewhat true. I came from a MacBook and sat right against my desk. My eyes started hurting and I was wondering if I had made a mistake getting a 24in iMac but then I just scooted my chair back alittle(novel concept:p) and what do you know, headache gone and now I love it again!!!

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I believe you just found the love of your life.. enjoy. :apple:

4. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

For the right distance put the unit about an inch further than your arm held straight out. Works well for me.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

My nose is about 40cm away from screen and never had problems. Turn brightness down so it don't hurt your eyes

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

That's almost exactly what I use too on a 24" iMac, at least for reading text, not watching a movie.

7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

8. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

I still have my 1st gen 24 inch iMac. The family loves it. Still on tiger too. Your going to love it. An arms length is a good idea. Definately turn down the brightness. Get a external hard drive for your back ups to. Enjoy your new toy. :D

9. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

I sit about 2' away from my 20". It sits back on my desk and my keyboard rolls out. So it maybe you need a new desk arrangement for it to work for you, but only you can figure that one out.

10. edgcrshr macrumors newbie

I sit pretty close to my 24 inch (had it for 2 weeks and love it), I just turned the brightness all the way down and it still lights up the room.