Starting business with Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by awoodenboc, Mar 19, 2012.

1. awoodenboc macrumors newbie

Right guys,

so I got involved in some large projects. They won't employ us, so me and my business partner need to set up business and get paid through that. All legal and bureaucratic work is taken care of.

In case you are interested - it's mostly consulting. Therefore, we won't hand out invoices on a daily basis but just few a month. Just so you know what type of business it is. I reckon apps differ if you run a store than being a consultant.

So we came up with the idea that everything we need to run a business can be done with apps from App Store. I remember receiving an e-mail from Apple some months ago about starting a business with apps and so on...

We're both young and new in this so please bare in mind we're looking for apps that are best value/price at specific territory. Any other tips are more than welcome as well. Also - we probably don't know for all territories we need apps for.

Help us out and we'll surely remember you in 10 years time when we're big! :)

So far we're sure we need:
    1. Office for Mac or equivalent
    2. App for invoices
    3. ???

Thanks so much guys.

----------

Oh yes and I did forget about something - what are your experiences with banks? Square is off the table, we aren't US based :<

2. Windowsrefugee macrumors regular

I run my consulting business on Apps. For invoices I use TimeMaster on my iPad and iPhone.

Of course "apps" are just what we called "programs" way back in the 20th century. Now Apple is just selling them on line instead of boxes and disks.

3. awoodenboc thread starter macrumors newbie

TimeMaster looks good.

Speaking for consulting business - do you recommend anything else?

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Apps is a term used by Apple and Programs (which means the same as Apps) is a term coined by Microsoft. Back in the day they were all called programs, but since Apple came back they switched =).