Starting date for AppleCare+....lost a week

nealh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Wtf. You buy AppleCare + with the preorder and they give a start date for the preorder date. ( same for my iPhone X’s Max)

We have 2 weeks from when we received the item to return it BUT AppleCare + starts a week early

Am I the only one annoyed with this. apple is More than capable of making the start date Sept. 21 on all preorder products

It’s an insult given the increased pricing and let’s face it their customer service often in issues at least at my store is marginal.

Anyone else annoyed at this

Eduardboon

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Wtf. You buy AppleCare + with the preorder and they give a start date for the preorder date. ( same for my iPhone X’s Max)

We have 2 weeks from when we received the item to return it BUT AppleCare + starts a week early

Am I the only one annoyed with this. apple is More than capable of making the start date Sept. 21 on all preorder products

It’s an insult given the increased pricing and let’s face it their customer service often in issues at least at my store is marginal.

I somehow lost a complete year of coverage and only got covered until the 21st of September 2019

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2012
England

Have you spoken to them about this? It might achieve more than just bitching on here

Reactions: arefbe and mavis

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Had the same with my laptop.
When the item arrived I phoned them and they just amend the start date - will do the same when my phone arrives, simples.

nealh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I called last year and they did nothing.

I will call again this year but why should I have too...

Nuts their system just doesn’t default to Sept. 21.
Now I have to sit on hold for however long and try to get this fixed. I don’t get it

sirenized

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
Mine is the 23rd but it took them three days to apply my AppleCare that was preordered with the watch

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I called last year and they did nothing.

I will call again this year but why should I have too...

Nuts their system just doesn’t default to Sept. 21.
Now I have to sit on hold for however long and try to get this fixed. I don’t get it
Mountain, molehill.

If you urgently need AppleCare service between Sept 14-21, 2020, I'm quite sure you'll be able to remind them that the AW4 launch date was actually the 21st ... Not a big deal. At all. ;)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
DON'T buy AppleCare until day 58 after purchase.;) Set a reminder for 58 days later to buy to get LONGEST coverage.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
DON'T buy AppleCare until day 58 after purchase.;) Set a reminder for 58 days later to buy to get LONGEST coverage.
Right, except it doesn't work like that. The 60 days is just a 'grace period' of sorts; the actual coverage is still dependent on the date of purchase (when the DEVICE was purchased, not the AC+)

nealh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Mine came in my email today

Is pre-order a purchase date... nope not till at least it shipped and I’m fully charged not a CC hold

Too me ... there is a principle here.
Apple touts CS and how important the customer. Yet I don’t have the product as it’s nit “ produced yet”. How can they start coverage

I promise at my store and my recent experiences... I am not sure they will provide the extra week. My store is horrible as a general rule I had to drive 45 min to another store to get coverage on laptop screen recently

Broken Hope

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2015
I’ve not even had my Apple Care that I purchased when I pre-ordered my watch applied so count yourself lucky.

Besides Apple Care usually adjusts the date from when you activate the device anyway.

Reactions: Mabus51

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
My phone delivered via UPS on the 21st and I purchased AppleCare at my local store the next day. My paperwork shows the full two years but starting from the 21st.

You can buy AppleCare anytime but it does go back to when you first get your phone.

Mabus51

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
AppleCare doesn’t start until you register the device. Once it’s activated and registered you should receive an email from Apple to confirm the registration. Once you confirm, that is the start date of your coverage.

caspergirl

macrumors regular
May 15, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.