Starting fresh iTunes library, but retain apps help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by teasphere, Nov 1, 2010.

1. teasphere macrumors member

I'd like to start completely fresh on my iTunes library and iPod Touch (64gb) but I want to retain my apps/games and saves. Is it possible and what is the best way to go about this?

2. hoopster macrumors member

Are you on a Mac or pc? If you on a mac you go to users/youruser/music/itunes/itunes-media/mobile-applications . fill in "your user" with your user name thats where your apps are saved you could just drag that folder to the desktop to back it up. Then reinstall iTunes and then drag that folder back. Not sure on how to do it on a pc it should be something like that.

3. teasphere thread starter macrumors member

I am on a PC. I will look into that, but if anyone knows for sure, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

4. eddy2099 macrumors member

I take it that you want to delete all your music in iTunes and on your iPod Touch in Windows.

For your music in iTunes, what you is click on the Library/Music and then select Edit/Select All. This will select all the music on your harddisk library. Then just do a Right-Mouse Click and select Delete.

For your iPod Touch, select Devices/Music and repeat the steps above.

By doing that, it would remove the music from the iTunes library and that of the iPod Touch. It does not officially delete the music on your computer and you can reorganize the music on your computer and iPod as you want.