Starting from Square Uno

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by BlondeBuddhist, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Okay...

I have decided that I would love to start Developing, or writing apps for the iPhone. Ambitious? Fantasy? or Reality?

I know next to nothing of how to get started in this hobby or quest as I call it.
    When it comes to Technology and most everything else I put effort into, I learn quite easily and even quickly. Please stay with me if similar threads exist, because I feel everyone learns a bit different, therefore needing their own little technique and method about it all.

I tend to do well when what is necessary is laid out in written format, study, then apply. What are some good materials to read up on, and of course what will be needed in terms of Hardware. I currently have a MacBook 2.26 GHz Intel core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM & 1067 Mhz DDR3 purchased in Feb of this year running Mac OS X 10.6.4

Thank you in advance. I know I could "google" this but I figure hearing it from those who have their hands dirty would be best. Again, thanks.

Blonde Buddhist

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Start by checking out the Guides and Stickies at the top of this very forum.

3. BlondeBuddhist thread starter macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Thank you!

I guess I was so pumped on my new journey I spaced the obvious..

I am currently downloading SDK 4.
    I assume this is the beginning and will show me where to turn next

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Downloading the SDK is possibly a good move to start with (depending on how you plan to move forward) but it will not "show you where to turn next". That is guidance you will have to seek elsewhere. You will first want to look into learning how to program. And you will find plenty of existing threads on that topic in this forum.

5. BlondeBuddhist thread starter macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Yeah. I downloaded the SDK and ran into the issues you mentioned.

Looks like I will be searching and reading a bit before I can move forward.

If anyone has any gem threads or sites they know of I thank you in advance.

Blonde Buddhist

6. firewood macrumors 604

Which Square Uno?

Do you know how to program (write/create/develop computer programs or software)? In what computer languages? Some people spend several months/years taking college course on that topic.

Do you know how to design (as in human interface design)? Several local universities have graduate programs in design.

Computer artwork? Sound design? Game design?

etc.