Starting iPhone/iPod Touch website. Any ideas for a name?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Vandam500, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Hello everybody!,

As the thread title says, I want to start a website based solely on iPhone/iPod Touch.

My objectives are:

-Up to date news regarding the latter
    -Reviews on AppStore Apps (Videos,Pictures,etc)
    -Make a community (Have weekly giveaways to the users)
    -Offer Technical Support on EVERYTHING related to iPhone's and iPod Touches (For a small price; I will offer phone,email,twitter,facebook,msn,aim,etc; help on any issues and other things related) for whatever time that person wants (1,2,3,4 hours,etc).

Those are just some of the things I wish to do and I am trying to think of a simple but catchy name for the website. Any advice? All help will be appreciated:D

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

These sites are a dime a dozen (aka there are a TON of these) my friend, and if you can't think of a name, its going to be a very rough road for ya.

3. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Really? I was searching on Google for something like this and couldn't find one.

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

5. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Well I know that there are plenty of review sites but I am leaning towards focusing more on the support part. I want to make that glow! I know there are plenty of people that need help with things and was thinking it would be awesome to have a place where for a small fee, you can get instant responses and detailed help on those things (With Videos,Pictures,everything).

6. belvdr macrumors 603

7. doox00 macrumors regular

yep before I would even considering paying for support for an ipod/iphone I would post here on macrumors for some help, if that did not work I would give apple a call.

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

9. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Back on topic :rolleyes:... you want to focus on support so that should be in your name.

10. markintosh macrumors member

markintosh

Great one...

Its a Swiss TLD - but how about

www.ipodtou.ch

FYI - it IS available...:apple:

11. mdgolom macrumors 6502

I'm not a novice, but I've never had a problem that I couldn't find a free solution via Google. I personally think it would be tough to create a pay site for advice/help. But then again, I could be wrong. Good luck.

12. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

iReviews?

As other posters said they're many review websites for the App store.

13. mahen macrumors member

14. iSlave macrumors 6502

www.crapapps.com - bringing you the worst of the iphone and ipod touch apps.

15. JTTech macrumors member

JTTech

It will be tough to break into that niche if you're looking to charge a fee at any point.
    You'd probably have better luck offering all of the content (app reviews, fixing tutorials, etc) for free, and then sell ad space to companies that are coming out w/ new Apps.

Or, just give away really solid, high-quality content, and eventually people will be willing to pay you for side consulting gigs (like building an app for them).

16. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502