Starting IUP as a new customer question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cheekyjeremy, Oct 2, 2016.

1. cheekyjeremy macrumors regular

For the sake of discussion, If you are a customer getting a phone for the first time ever. You walk into apple and tell them you want to sign up as a new customer for the upgrade program...

1. Do you have to have a phone to trade in ?
    2. If yes to above, can it be any type of phone ?

I keep reading about people going in, having to trade in a phone to get started. What if you have never had a phone before etc ?

I own a iPhone 6S+outright (was paid in full at purchase), but I am wondering if I actually have to trade it in to start a new IUP account ?.

Thanks in advance

2. cheekyjeremy thread starter macrumors regular

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

4. cheekyjeremy thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you

5. LRXSE7EN macrumors member

You don't have to trade it in, just let them know you aren't in the program and you want to sign up for it. now if you want to trade in your device for a discounted price on the iphone 7 then you can do that. also make sure you meet all the requirements/check-list before going to the store.

6. cheekyjeremy thread starter macrumors regular

How does it affect things for me if I do trade in the 6S+. It seems like the pricing remains fixed at $41 plus tax per month for the phone I would get (7plus 128gb). Would they reduce the payments or give me a gift card etc ?

7. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

You get a gift card.

If you ask me though, I would just sell the 6S if you don't have a family member or friend that can benefit from it.

You'd get more selling it then recycling it at this point.

8. cheekyjeremy thread starter macrumors regular

Gazelle etc only offering $225 at the moment. What do you get in gift card value ?

9. ArizonaAnnie macrumors newbie

They gave me $315.00 for mine.

10. cheekyjeremy thread starter macrumors regular

In the last few days or a month ago ?. They were offering $375 or so a month before the 7 came out