Starting programming

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by haxan7, Apr 27, 2012.

1. haxan7 macrumors newbie

I am a freshman doing CS major and i am very interesting is software development. I currently have no experience in java or C. But i have taken courses in QuickBasic and Matlab, and i am good. I have started learning java and C independently, from Stanford online lectures. I am thinking of starting app development in my summer vacations (and publish atleast 1 app before my university resumes).
    I need advice from you developers. Should i start with Android or iOS?
    Please give reasons for your choice.
    If you have any tips for me, you are most welcome.

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Android = Java & and is a hell for scaling for all devices & actually memory management too, even though you think Java does it all by themself (WROOONG). Although you have no issues with posting to the Google Market (Google Play now).

iOS = easier learning curve if you turn on ARC (Automatic Reference Counting), but can be a hell to implement libraries that don't support it yet.
    Also you can have issues posting to Apple because of rejection & need to pay 99$ for deploying to your device (but I think it's cheaper/free for University dudes, i never tried that since I wasn't in school)

WP7.5 = Wait till W8, because they're dropping Silverlight :)

I can post alot more, but i'll start with this :)