Starting the Camera locks up iP4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ski2moro, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ski2moro macrumors 6502

When I started the Camera app yesterday, the image of the closed shutter (I don’t know the proper term - iris? diaphragm?) appeared on the screen and stayed there. I couldn’t change from still camera to video, couldn’t adjust the flash from the auto setting, and when I pressed the home button, the iP4 wouldn’t return to the home screen.

After I shut it down and restarted, I was able to take the photo.

It locked a second time later in the day.

This is my 3rd iP4. The first had 3G Data reception problems, the second had severe Proximity Sensor problems, and now this. The serial number on this one starts with 5K, so I believe that it’s a refurb.

To all of you “My-iP4-is-Perfect” people, I wish I could get a flawless iP4 like you have. Please don't post unless you have something constructive to add. It just wakes the Trolls.

My question is: Do you think it is software or hardware related? The iP4 is on 4.0.1 and JB’d but I have not installed anything beyond the JB.

2. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I had a similar issue two days in a row. I would open the camera app and the shutter wouldn't open. I was able to click back to home tho and then when I went back into the Camera App it would work fine.

Happened twice then never happened again.

ETA: I'm not JB'd.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. fasteddy2020 macrumors newbie

This happened to me. I exchanged a phone that wasn't ringing for a new one at the Apple Store while I was on vacation. I went to take some pictures at a ball game the next day and I took one picture and the shutter froze. I tried resetting and anything I could think of. I made a genius appointment while at the ball game for the next day. I went in and when I explained the problem the genius said he had seen this several times and nothing they could do would solve the issue. He exchanged the phone right there. No problems with my current week 29 phone. I was using 4.0.1 at the time.