Starting to get Nervous About Update

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacsBestFriend, Oct 7, 2008.

1. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

Here on the east coast it is now 9:42 and I am beginning to get a little edgy because we have had no news about the new Macbook update:(. Do you guys think there will be a silent update and that Aluminum MacBook will appear on the Apple web page come Oct 14? If it does, will there be Aluminum MacBooks in stock at our local Apple Retail Stores that day?:confused: I do understand that in Cupertino it is now only 5:45 and I know that they still have 15 minutes before they call it a day.:cool: What do you think? Will they announce the event or do it silently? Who is just generally scared we will have to wait until MWSF09?????
    [​IMG]

2. belvdr macrumors 601

Not concerned at all. I don't care when they announce them, as I buy when I need something, not just because it is new. So, I'm just saying do what you have to do, but I am not nervous about any announcements, or lack thereof.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Maybe it'll come out after Macworld. Who knows… Maybe Steve Jobs is dead and we all just don't know. Okay before I get flamed for that—well go ahead.

4. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Nah... i'm pretty sure that they will be released in time of the holidays... and steve isnt dead... just understand i'm not flaming u lol.

anyways... i'm going to wait for Snow Leopard... because grand central is impossible to resist.!

5. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

MacWorld 2009 looks more likely now.

MacBook Redesign
    MacBook Pro Redesign
    Macbook Air Redesign/Spec update
    iMac - Refresh (minor speed bump? I'm hoping for quadcore)
    Mac Mini - Replacement maybe? Or refresh (Nvidia chipset?)

It'd be bad move on Apple's part to miss the holiday season, but maybe MacWorld will be the event where they wow us?

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why, when we know nothing about it? You'll also be waiting for Nehalem, then, too. Snow Leopard and Nehalem laptop chips come out around the same time next year, Snow Leopard first.

7. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

I'm not very nervous just yet. I really want to see a revision to Air this year though.

It isn't about buying just because it's new. I think it's more about not buying just because it's old ;). But seriously, if I bought a computer that's already a year old, it'd probably be useless for me a year sooner... at least that's how it is for me.

I somehow doubt we will see Nehalem MacBooks next year. My guess is early 2010.

8. Ping Guo macrumors 6502

Ping Guo

Since my current laptop isn't that old and gets the job done, I'll also wait until the new Macbooks come with Snow Leopard. Also, it will give them time to work out the rev. A kinks.;)

9. MacsBestFriend thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

Do you think the new Macbook will be in stock at local apple stores on the 14th?

10. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

my guess : yes.

11. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

To be honest, I'm scared too. If we have to wait until MWSF then why the heck care anymore?:confused:

12. MacsBestFriend thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

hazah! i got my moms bf taking me to the apple store an hr away and i got to take $$$ out of the bank!

should i have the mac genius help me set up the computer their or do i wait until i get home and unbox it for youtube?

13. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Honestly the way the economy is right now I think this would be a terrible time to release new MBs and MBPs. Apple will wait until MWSF.

14. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

But we do kind of know what grad central is about... it will basically distribute CPU processes to hardware that is more capable oh handling those types of processes -- i interpret that as bassically saying that they will add hardware support to macs... making them much faster... and i can buy a mac anytime now, because i have the money, but at the same time i have a mac mini (that i bought earlier) so im not exactly computer deprived... and if my stupid windows laptop dies... then it's ok... i like the mac mini better anyways...

Grand Central is WORTH IT! :apple:

15. macsensei macrumors member

macsensei

u sure?